Best Betting Odds for Cricket
The emergence of Cricket as a global sport with great betting potential has bookies from all over the world clamouring to provide the best bookmaker odds for cricket and with good reason. Punters, especially those with experience, tend to seek out the best odds when placing bets and betting online helps players make cricket odds comparison with ease. Since bookmakers use different techniques to determine cricket odds, conducting a betting odds comparison helps to find the best odds. Selecting the best Cricket Betting Odds for India may require a bit of research before it can be ascertained which odds are suitable and should be used to bet on.
Most important reasons to compare odds
There’s a reason that the cricket betting odds for India market segment is saturated with bookmakers. Given the growing popularity of the sport and its nexus with the online betting community has made it a hot favourite for online betting. To understand why there must be a cricket odds comparison, it is crucial to understand why odds vary.
- Bookmaker odds for Cricket are primarily based on bookies trying to predict a likely outcome.
- Assessing probability is not without flaw, as biases or affiliations may creep in and the best bookmaker cricket odds may be affected by such factors.
- The best betting odds for Cricket which should have been statistical analysis, are reduced to a matter of perception and can vary immensely across the market.
- Online bookmakers across the board offer a lot of introductory and bonus offers on bets placed including cashbacks
It is crucial, therefore, that you compare odds before placing your bet.
Online vs Offline: Chasing the best odds
The advent of the internet has revolutionised the online betting industry. Some of the benefits of online betting are:
- The unique advantage that online betting brings to the table is its ease of access. No more running around bookies trying to confirm odds and betting in accordance. You can just research and choose your own bookies.
- Online betting allows you to engage in cricket odds comparison offered by various bookies before making a decision. This also allows you to judiciously manage your time as you can place a bet on the move or even from the comfort of your home.
- The best betting odds for cricket betting websites also provide for a wide variety of payment options including and especially digital transactions across various currencies. This saves the hassles of converting currency, retaining a ticket to claim winnings or even placing a bet.
- If you are a regular bettor, your chosen offline bookies may over time be able to predict your betting behaviour and manipulate the bookmaker odds for Cricket offered to you. On the internet, there’s a greater degree of anonymity and freedom in this regard.
The history of betting odds in Cricket
The early annals of Cricket can be traced back to the England of the 1500s. It slowly spread across the world as the British Empire expanded. By the 17th century, the game was already drawing bettors and had emerged as a popular choice for betting on. Over the next few centuries, the game expanded enormously and with the introduction of limited-over Cricket became more popular. Today Cricket has one of the highest bets on sports in the world with overwhelming enthusiasm around the globe. Following are some of the methods bookies use to fix their odds.
- Decimal odds explained: This method is used by bookies across the European Union and is represented in terms of multiples. The odds are multiplied with the amount of money at stake to represent the total winnings in a bet. Therefore an odds of 3.5 means that you get back three and a half times your money back if you win a bet.
- Fractional odds explained – This method is usually employed by bookmakers who are based out of the UK. The odds are expressed in a fraction where the numerator represents the amount you stand to win, and the denominator represents the amount you choose to bet. For instance, for odds of 5/1, for every $1 you bet you earn $5.
- American Odds explained: American odds are expressed by the binary numerical operators ‘+’ and ‘—’. The base figure starts at 100, and the ‘+’ represents the favourites and ‘—’ the underdogs. Thus if a player/team has odds of +180, a $100 bet would yield a total amount of $280 in winnings.
How are odds being calculated
Bookmakers across the board employ different methods while calculating best bookmaker cricket odds. These odds are calculated on a combination of statistical analysis and historical inputs. Odds can also include the commission of the bookmaker and the bookmaker’s margin. Each operator uses a different method to calculate odds which result in variations of odds presentation. This model then gives out the expected odds.
How to calculate the expected value: Expected value of a wager is defined as the average amount a bettor can expect to win per bet.
It is used to compare odds using this formula: (Probability of Winning) x (Amount Won per Bet) – (Probability of Losing) x (Amount Lost per Bet)
How are cricket odds calculated: Very simply understood, odds are indicative of the probability of the outcome. Thus one can easily calculate from these odds the implied probability and assess the winnings accordingly.
The formula for calculating this is: Stake/Implied Probability Of An Outcome= Total Payout
Odds betting strategies:
Given how unpredictable Cricket can be as a sport, it is essential to employ a proper and concisely planned betting strategy tailor-made in keeping with the Cricket Betting Odds for India. Here are a couple of the most prominent betting strategies:
- Arb betting strategy: This strategy involves placing two or more bets on the same match to cover all the possible results that the match may lead towards. This is done by placing bets on two different sites which offer similar odds on two contrary outcomes. Thus whatever the result, you stand to make an overall profit.
- Matched betting strategy – Matched betting is quite similar to arbitrage betting in that you place bets on opposing outcomes and win either way. However, this type of bet warrants the use of free bets that bookies offer to put either of the bets. That way you have made two best at the cost of one. This is a great way to make money without paying anything, but if you are detected, your operator might block you.
The most popular markets in Cricket
Here’s a list of some of the most popular markets in Cricket:
- Outright Betting – A large number of matches played internationally ensures that outright betting remains on the most popular markets in the sport. The punter needs to bet on the team that he/she thinks will win the tournament.
- First Wicket – The method of the first dismissal (LBW, runout, bowled, etc.) on either team’ when they come to bat also makes for a lucrative market.
- Top Run scorer – This bet comes with a lot of variances since up to a maximum of 22 people can bat in a particular match. However, in spite of such variation, the bet on which batsman will score the maximum number of runs remains a popular market.
- Series Betting – Especially used during the Ashes season, the bettor has to bet on who will win the series. Remember, however, that the series could also end in a draw and hence insuring the bet with a ‘series draw no bet’ clause is essential.
Odds Comparison FAQ
Yes, our odds comparison is free of charge. We ensure that you get the best comparison among the bookies.
When you use a particular bookie for an extended period of time, they can assess your betting patterns and fix odds to your disadvantage. Given there’s always a plethora of best betting odds for Cricket to choose from on the internet, it makes no sense to stick to a particular offline bookie.
Yes, Online odds are updated regularly and have more transparency. Plus, as the customer, you can consult different odds available online to find the best bookmaker odds for Cricket. Your betting habits will not be recognized due to the anonymity offered by an online platform.
Cricket has transformed from a sport dominated and enjoyed by the elites to a sport for mass consumption. Such a transformation is indeed a highlight of the late 20th and early 21st century. With such popularity comes the popularity of engaging in cricket betting and learning more about cricket odds comparison. An astute understanding of the sport, coupled with detailed analysis and intuition will ensure a fair cricket odds comparison and in turn, possibly accentuate your winnings. So, use your judgment well by engaging with the best bookmaker odds for Cricket and making your cricket betting journey more rewarding. You can also find out about the best betting odds for Formula 1, Football and Golf.